sunnuntai 9. marraskuuta 2014

maternal love

As i woke up at 3 am last night, which by the way i do every night, and ventured in to the living room, i took a baby from my hubby's arms. I and the baby went in to the triplets room, and laid down on the bed.
I always try to take one baby to sleep next to me. Poor a is such a good sleeper that he rarely gets the privilege, but b and c are regulars and most of the time fall asleep quite quickly even though if they have given trouble earlier on.
I watched the baby fall asleep. I noticed how big he has gotten, his palms looked like little boys palms, not newborn's. His breathing steadied and a peaceful expression fell on his face. I was full of love towards him, and thought that these moments make waking up at the middle of the night at least somewhat worthwhile.
I say somewhat as i will be more than happy once the boys start sleeping through the night.
I also realised, and was amazed, that maternal love really is such a thing that it is possible to love all one's children equally. It so happened that i did not know which baby i so admired, b or c. But that did not matter, it was my baby and i loved him all the same.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti